The Berlinale grants a limited number of student accreditations to film and media schools around the world with a focus on film. If you are an interested student, please contact an official at your university so they can contact the Berlinale on your behalf. We are unfortunately unable to consider individual queries by students.
Fee, Deadlines and Application Procedure
The Berlinale offers a limited number of Student Accreditations at the preferential price of 95 Euros.
1. Requests can be made by universities until December 15
Universities can apply for an allocation of accreditations for their students until December 15. If the total quota of Student Accreditations is reached before December 15, the application period will end earlier.
Please email the following information to
- Brief description of the course content/focus of study
- Link to the website
- Type of university (private/public)
- In which area do graduates work after graduation?
- Are student films screened at festivals? If so, which ones?
- Number of requested accreditations
2. Student Codes for distribution to students
After checking your application, a certain number of Student Codes will be sent to your university. Please note that the number allocated may be different from the number requested. The Student Codes should be passed on to the students. Student Codes are intended to be used exclusively by students and not by university administration staff or teachers or lecturers. The latter may apply online for professional accreditation (without a code) and have the option to request a Festival Accreditation and/or Market Badge.
3. Codes must be redeemed by December 31
Students must use the codes sent to their institution when completing the online application form. Students must have redeemed their codes in the online accreditation form via “My Account” by December 31.
Please note that students:
- May only be accredited for the Berlinale via their university once.
- May not apply for a Market Badge or Online Market Badge.
- Must show their student ID when picking up their accreditation badge.
A Student Accreditation Grants
- Online tickets for festival screenings of every Berlinale section, though not at all screening times or every venue (a Student Accreditation excludes Competition screenings in the Berlinale Palast and all Berlinale Goes Kiez screenings).
- Online tickets for the public events at Berlinale Talents.
- Publication in the Berlinale Attendee List.
- Access to the stands within the EFM locations (Gropius Bau & Marriott Hotel) will be permitted on the following dates: February 16 all day, February 17 to 20 from 5 pm and on February 21 and 22 all day.