Online Ticketing Info
Access to festival screenings and the public talks of Berlinale Talents for holders of a Festival, Student or Press Accreditation can only be granted upon prior booking of a ticket via the online ticket shop for accredited visitors linked to the accreditation badge.
General Rules for Online Ticketing
- Only holders of a paid-for or free-of-charge Festival, Student or Press Accreditation (that includes access to cinemas) have access to online ticketing. Accredited persons who have only purchased a Market Badge do not have access to online ticketing.
- To ensure a smooth process, please pay the accreditation fee by February 1, 2024. Later payment may lead to a delay in the provision of access to the online ticket shop for accredited visitors.
- It is only possible to book tickets via the online ticket shop for accredited visitors, not via the programme pages on berlinale.de.
- It is not possible to guarantee tickets for a specific screening nor a specific number of tickets.
- Tickets for accredited visitors are issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Tickets for both festival screenings and the public talks of Berlinale Talents can be booked in the online ticket shop for accredited visitors. Free-of-charge tickets can be booked for the whole festival period. Tickets for the Opening Gala and the Awards Ceremony in the Berlinale Palast and for Berlinale Goes Kiez screenings are not available in the online ticket shop for accredited visitors.
- People with a Press Accreditation must also book tickets for press screenings (free seating). Access to press conferences is granted upon presentation of the accreditation badge.
- Industry professionals with a Festival Accreditation have the opportunity to book residual tickets for selected press screenings.
Access to the Online Ticket Shop for Accredited Visitors
- Your personal login details to access the online ticket shop for accredited visitors will be emailed to you approximately one week before the start of the Berlinale.
- After logging in for the first time via “My Profile”, an individual email address and password must be specified (a single email address cannot be used for more than one account).
- From then on, this email address will be used as the account name for logins to the online ticket shop.
- All tickets booked online will be sent to this email address.
Booking of Tickets for Accredited Visitors
- Starting from February 14, tickets for all events taking place two days later will be released for accredited visitors every day at 7.30 am (CET). (On February 14 at 7.30 am, the tickets for all events on Thursday, February 15 and Friday, February 16 will be released. On Thursday, February 15 at 7.30 am, the tickets for Saturday, February 17 will be released.)
- Please note: The press screenings for the opening film will take place on February 14 in the evening and on February 15 in the morning. Information on the release of tickets for these screenings will be provided in good time before the events.
- In the online ticket shop for accredited visitors, events can be filtered using the following criteria: date, day of the week, venue and availability for booking.
- Booked tickets will be sent to the email address specified at the first login in the form of:
- TicketDirect, PDF ticket for self-printout (print@home)
- QR code in the email
- Wallet tickets for iOS© and Android© smartphones
- An overview of events for which you have booked tickets can be found under the menu item “My Orders and Cancellation”. Booked tickets can be sent to you again by email at any time.
- Tickets for events marked with "preview” will be made available at the next time quotas of tickets are released (see above).
- It is possible that tickets for events marked as “sold out” may be available again later on. Changes in quotas and cancellations of tickets that have already been booked by other accredited visitors mean that tickets are re-released on a continual basis.
Booking Rules and the Obligation to Cancel
- A maximum of one ticket per event and 90-minute time slot may be booked.
- Tickets for press screenings can be booked until just before the start of the film.
- Tickets for public screenings need to be booked online up to 60 minutes at the very latest before film start.
- Accredited visitors may not allow tickets to go unused. Tickets that have already been booked but cannot be used must be cancelled via “My Orders and Cancellations” no later than 60 minutes (for press screenings 30 minutes) before the event begins.
- Cancelled tickets will be returned to the quota of tickets for accredited visitors, so they can be booked by other accredited visitors.
- In case of an accredited visitor letting more than two tickets go unused, the festival reserves the right to cancel tickets that have already been booked and/or to block that person’s access to the online ticket shop.
- Tickets may not be given or sold to other persons.
Access to Cinemas
- Free-of-charge tickets are personalised and only valid in combination with the festival pass.
- No admission after the start of the screening.
- The festival programme can be found at berlinale.de. The programme remains the central tool for obtaining information about the films of the festival and the public talks of Berlinale Talents.
- The complete programme can be filtered by venue, country, starting time and date.
- You can put together your own individual programme on the Berlinale website by using “My Favourites”. Nevertheless you will need to use the separate online ticket shop for accredited visitors to book your tickets.