For all applications the General Guidelines for Film Submission and Participation apply.
Eligible for Forum are feature films and documentaries of at least 60 minutes running time, which
- have not been screened at any European film festival. A presentation at festivals in the country of origin will be accepted. A presentation at an online festival is permitted if the streamings were only accessible outside of Europe/in the country of origin (geoblocking).
- have not been released in Europe other than in their country of origin.
- have neither been broadcast nor presented on the internet/VOD other than in their country of origin.
- were completed within the 12 months prior to the start of the festival. Re-submissions are not eligible.
- are available in the formats DCP or QuickTime ProRes. 35mm or other formats only upon request.
- are meant to be released in film theatres.
- German films applying for Forum need to be a European premiere as minimum requirement and may not have been presented publicly in Germany (festival, theatrical release, TV, Internet, VOD).
In case of international co-productions the main country of production will be considered as the country of origin.
- World premieres are preferred (general information on premiere status).
The head of the Forum section reserves the right to settle any cases not covered by the regulations.
There is no open submission process for Forum Expanded. For more information please contact .
2. Selection and Programming
The head of Forum invites films to participate in Forum. The section head is advised by an international selection team
3. Language Version and Subtitles
Films selected for the Forum are shown in their original version with English subtitles. A second version with German subtitles would be appreciated but is not obligatory.