- All films that received an award from an official jury between 1951 and 1982.
- All films in the Competition since 1982
- All films in the Panorama (since 1986) or the Information Show (1982 to 1985)
- All films from all years of the Generation section (until 2006: Kinderfilmfest)
- All films in the International Forum of New Cinema since 1982
- All films in the Perspektive Deutsches Kino (since 2001)
- All film in the New German Films series (since 2001)
- All films in the Retrospective and Homage since 1982
- All film in the Berlinale Shorts (since 2006)
- All films in the Culinary Cinema (since 2007)
- All films in Special Series since 1998
Short films and feature films have been treated equally in the areas named above. Up until the year 1988, the information about individual films is limited to the original title (and for the most part the German and English title), the director, the section and the year of production. From 1989 the archive lists the actors, aside from most of the films in the Forum, Retrospective and Homage sections. Since 2001, the database contains a pdf document for all films in the Competition, Panorama, Generation (until 2006: Kinderfilmfest) and German Cinema sections, which contains the complete cast and credits as well as biographies and filmographies of the directors.
All films and people who received a prize from an official jury or a special award at the Berlinale since 1951.
The members of all juries which awarded the official prizes of the Berlinale since 1951.
From the years 1952 to 1955 the main prizes of the Berlinale were awarded on the basis of audience voting. In the founding year 1951 a “German Prize Court” was assigned this duty. Starting 1956 an International Jury took over the job. From 1956 to 1964 there was a separate documentary and short film jury. From 1964 to 2002 the Golden Bear for short films was awarded by the International Jury. Since 2003 there has once again been a separate International Short Film Jury.
A large number of festival photos are stored in the archive, whereby the number of photos has increased considerably over recent years. Under each year the photographic archive is organised according to theme. Please note that archive pictures do not exist for every year of the Berlinale.
Since 2002, the Berlinale website has presented during the festival its Boulevard, a loose selection of daily festival photos. These Boulevards make up there own category in the archive and are sorted by day.
Every year is introduced by a “Yearbook”, which provides an overview of each year with a descriptive text.
Furthermore, you will find in the archive all Berlinale press releases since 2002, as well as all video streams (starting 2004) which document on the Berlinale website the daily action at the Red Carpet, the official press conferences and subsequent photo calls.