Berlinale Press Service
The Berlinale Press Conference for the 70th Berlin International Film Festival (Introduction of the programme without dates) will be held on January 29, 2020 at the “Presse- und Informationsamt der Bundesregierung”.
On Feb 11, 2020, the whole programme, including all appointments and locations will be released on www.berlinale.de.
The Berlinale Press Office is the point-of-contact for all media representatives, year round, and located at Potsdamer Platz.
During the festival itself, the Press Office moves into the Grand Hyatt Berlin and operates the Press Centre, where most of the festival press services can be found.
The Press Centre is located on the first floor of the Grand Hyatt Berlin, directly opposite the Berlinale Palast. There you will find the press conference room, the photo call area, the press writing room, the individual departments of the Press Office, and the Press Counter, which distributes Press Accreditations.
- Press Accreditation is available to those reporting on the Berlinale in any media (print, online, TV, radio, web-TV, photography) as well as PR agents representing the festival films
- A press ID will not be accepted as the required proof of qualification
- Please apply for a press accreditation
Services in the Press Centre:
The Press Counter is located in the Berlinale Press Centre, on the first floor of the Grand Hyatt Berlin, Marlene-Dietrich-Platz 2, 10785 Berlin.
Feb 19, 2020: 9:30 am – 6:00 pm
Feb 20 – 28, 2020: 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
Feb 29, 2020: 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
- Press Accreditation distribution
- Information on daily start times and events
- Information on Press Conferences, Photo Calls, interview opportunities and other press-related items
- Scheduling of interviews (Festival Director, jury, Homage) and interview space coordination (film press junkets)
- Issuance of special photographer’s ID cards for galas with limited access
- The offices of the Head of Press are located immediately adjacent to the Press Counter.
- Located in the lobby outside the Press Counter
- Press tickets become available on the day before a screening
- For press screenings marked as such, a Press Accreditation is the only requirement for entrance. For more detailed information see Information on Press Accreditation
Feb 20-28, 2020: 8.00 am – 7.00 pm
Feb 29, 2020: 8.00 am – 2.00 pm
Mar 01, 2020: closed
- Film clips and electronic press kits for festival films of all sections are available for download free of charge. To request access data, please contact .
- Pool material of footage recorded on behalf of the festival - such as rough cuts of Press Conferences, Photo Calls and selected gala events - is available for a service charge of 50 EUR and subject to certain conditions.
- Camera spaces on the press line at gala events (Red Carpet) are granted by request only to TV channels / TV agencies. Spaces are limited and early reservation is necessary. The Berlinale is under no obligation to provide a camera space.
- The Opening Ceremony and Awards Ceremony are recorded by the pool leader and broadcast unencrypted via the EBU (European Broadcasting Union) satellite network. TV broadcast stations may use limited amounts of the footage, free of charge and royalty-free, subject to certain conditions.
- Filming by independent TV crews at the opening and closing events, or any other special events, requires special accreditation. The Berlinale is under no obligation to grant every request.
- A stand-up position for live broadcasts from the Red Carpet must be booked in advance.
- A parking position for a broadcast van must be requested from the TV/ Radio Service.
Please direct all requests and any further questions to:
- The Berlinale Press Office coordinates interviews with jury members and the Festival Management. Please send your enquiry to .
For interview enquiries for the guests of the Homage please contact .
- Interview spaces for film press junkets can be reserved in the Partner Lounges, in Lounge 4 in the Berlinale Palast and other spaces. Requests and questions on technical details or logistical issues should be sent to: .
Important note: For interviews with directors, actors and other members of film crews who are not members of a Berlinale jury, please contact the appropriate PR agent. An up-to-date list of PR agents is made available immediately prior to the festival.
- Competition films: usually immediately following the press screening
- Panorama Special and Berlinale Special films: individual scheduling
- Press conference room in the Press Centre, 1st floor of the Grand Hyatt Berlin directly opposite the Berlinale Palast; seating capacity 350
- Additional press talks on films in various sections – apart from Competition – often take place in the theatre immediately following the screening
- The Berlinale records all Press Conferences using professional three-camera technology
- The Berlinale produces digital mp3 recordings for radio use – in the original language, as well as English and German translation
- Press Conferences are broadcast via live video stream on the Berlinale website and can be retrieved from the archive after the fact
- Photo Calls usually take place immediately prior to Press Conferences in the photo call area, just outside the press conference room.
- Photo Call attendees are actors and directors taking part in the Press Conference.
- Photographer spaces at Photo Calls and standing space next to the Red Carpet are distributed at the Press Counter and must be requested in advance.
- Requests for photographer spaces should be submitted prior to the festival. The Berlinale is under no obligation to guarantee spaces.
- Please direct all requests and any further questions to: .
- TV camera crews will not be admitted to Photo Calls.
- Film stills for use in Berlinale coverage are available royalty-free from January 20 - March 25 and and are available online under Press Downloads.
- In addition, festival impressions, portraits of the Festival Management and section heads as well as the festival posters can be provided upon request. More information is available online under press photos.
Open daily from 9 am to 10 pm
- 40 computer work-stations with internet access
- For more information please contact the Press Office at: +49 30 25920-707