For all applications the General Guidelines for Film Submission and Participation apply.
1 - Eligibility
Eligible films for Panorama are feature films and documentaries of at least 60 minutes running time which
- have not been released in Europe other than in their country of origin.
- have not been screened at any other German or European film festival. A presentation at festivals in the country of origin will be accepted (that does not apply for German films).
- have neither been broadcast nor presented on the internet / VOD other than in their country of origin (except German films).
- are available in the formats DCP or QuickTime ProRes. 35mm or other formats only upon request.
- Television productions are only eligible if they are intended for a theatrical release.
In case of international co-productions the main country of production will be considered as the country of origin.
- World premieres are preferred.
- German films applying for Panorama need to be a European premiere as minimum requirement and may not have been presented publicly in Germany (festival, theatrical release, TV, Internet, VOD).
The Artistic Director of the festival reserves the right to rule on any cases not provided for in these guidelines.
2 – Selection and programming
The head of Panorama is responsible to the Artistic Director of the festival for the selection of films. Films offered to the Competition / Encounters may be considered for the Panorama unless specifically stated otherwise.
3 – Version and subtitles
All films invited to the festival are screened in their original version with English subtitles. The costs of subtitling are at the responsibility of the producer.
The version released or planned for release in the country of origin is regarded as the original version.