Perspektive Deutsches Kino Regulations
For all applications the General Guidelines for Film Submission and Participation apply.
Eligible for Perspektive Deutsches Kino are German fiction, documentary, animation or experimental films of at least 30 minutes running time, which
- have not participated at any German film festival. However, previous film festival participations outside of Germany do not exclude a film. This also applies to a presentation at an online film festival; the streamings are not to be available in Germany (geoblocking).
- have not been released commercially.
- have neither been presented on television nor on the internet/VOD.
- were completed within the 12 months prior to the start of the festival.
- are available in the formats DCP or QuickTime ProRes. 35mm or other formats only upon request.
World premieres are preferred (general information on premiere status).
The Artistic Director of the festival reserves the right to rule on any cases not provided for in these guidelines.
Special conditions apply to film school submissions (please contact the via e-mail for details).
2. Selection and Programming
Selection is made according to the criteria stated in Article 1; alongside fiction films, an appropriate number of documentary, animation and experimental films are specifically admitted for selection.
The selection and programming of films invited to participate in the Perspektive Deutsches Kino is at the discretion of the section head on behalf of the Artistic Director of the festival.
3. Language Version and Subtitles
All selected films are screened in their original language with English subtitles. For films not in German, double (German/English) subtitles are requested. Subtitling costs are to be paid for by the producers.