Berlinale Series Regulations
For all applications the General Guidelines for Film Submission and Participation apply.
Eligible for Berlinale Series are first seasons of series with at least 75 minutes running time (in total, not per episode), which
- have world or international premiere status (international premiere means the series can be broadcast/streamed in the country of origin only). German series must be world premieres.
- were completed within the 12 months prior to the start of the festival.
- consist of four or more episodes.
The Artistic Director of the festival reserves the right to rule on any cases not provided for in these guidelines.
2. Selection and Programming
The selection and programming of series invited to participate in Berlinale Series is at the discretion of the section head on behalf of the Artistic Director of the festival.
By submitting your series it is automatically considered for the “Berlinale Series Market Selects”, a curated highlight programme within the European Film Market.
3. Language Version and Subtitles
All selected films are screened in their original version with English subtitles. The producer is required to meet the costs of subtitling. The version released or planned for release in the country of origin is regarded as the original version.