The application for the Berlinale Residency consists of two parts:
Part 1: Online application
First you must accept the conditions for participating in the Berlinale Residency. You will then proceed to the online application form which you must complete in English.
In addition, you must upload the following PDFs:
- treatment (around 5-10 pages)
- full script
- distribution and marketing concept (one page)
- a short description (1/2 page) of how you plan to find an audience for your film
- financing plan
- signed rights clearance (clarifying that you are the copyright owner or otherwise entitled to realise this project)
- a signed producer’s agreement which confirms the producer’s attachment to the project and his/her availability to attend the workshop in Berlin in November 2015 and to present the project at the Berlinale Co-Production Market 2016.
Part 2: Material per mail/courier
You have to send in the following items per mail or courier:
- 7 DVD copies of one of your previous films (do not send video clips or showreels). Films made in a language other than English should be subtitled in English
The submitted samples of work will not be returned. The material which is NOT selected can be picked up at the Berlin-based offices of the Berlinale Residency. Should the sample of work not be picked up by June 30, it will be destroyed.
The Berlinale is not liable for any loss or damage incurred, irrespective of the cause.
Download Participation Conditions pdf (132 KB)