The Festival Accreditation allows access to festival screenings of each section, though not at all times or at every venue. Access to screenings is possible either by showing your accreditation badge or by obtaining a ticket. One week prior to the festival, the Berlinale will inform you by e-mail about the detailed access regulations of your accreditation.
Access with Festival Accreditation and Ticket
How do I obtain a ticket?
- Most public screenings require tickets, which are free of additional charge. These tickets are available at ticket counters reserved for accredited participants and must be picked up in person by showing your badge. They are issued on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to availability. Tickets for accredited festival participants are only valid for personal use and only in combination with your Festival Accreditation. The badge must be presented together with your ticket at the cinema entrance. There is a maximum of one ticket per person per screening and time slot. Note that there is no guarantee for obtaining tickets for certain screenings or for obtaining a particular number of tickets.
Can someone else pick up tickets for me?
- Tickets must be picked up in person by showing your badge.
How many days in advance can I get a ticket?
- Tickets for accredited participants are available for the on-going and the following day. No advance reservations are possible.
When is the best time to appear at the ticket counter to request my preferred tickets?
- Tickets are issued on a first-come, first-served basis. Please be aware that there might be long queues at the ticket counter, especially during the first weekend of the festival. The earlier you arrive at the ticket counter, the higher are your chances of getting the tickets you prefer.
How can I cancel a ticket?
- We kindly ask you to return tickets that cannot be used at the respective issue counter. For expired tickets, there is no possibility to visit another screening of the film, because accredited guests can receive a maximum of one ticket per film / event.
Access only with Festival Accreditation (without a ticket)
- A small selection of screenings can be visited by only presenting your Festival Accreditation at the cinema entrance. You have to queue in line for accredited persons at the respective cinema. Please note that admittance to a cinema for which you would only need to show your accreditation badge cannot be guaranteed. For particularly popular screenings you are advised to arrive early in order to secure an advantageous place in the queue, because it is likely that the number of accredited people seeking admittance will exceed the number of seats reserved for this group.