In order to submit a film to the Berlinale you have to send the film and the completed film entry form to the festival before the given deadline.
In any case, we ask you to carefully read the Festival's General Guidelines for Submission and Participation as well as the "How to Berlinale" short guide to film submission.
The additional special requirements of the individual sections – regarding premiere status, running time, subtitling etc. – can be found on the corresponding webpages of the Competition, Berlinale Shorts, Panorama, Forum, Generation and Perspektive Deutsches Kino sections.
- One entry form must be filled out for each film.
- A film entry can only be finished successfully if your browser supports the use of "cookies". For information regarding the handling and storage of your data, please see Data Protection.
- You can save any ongoing registration process in your account, and return to it later for completion and submission. In addition, you can use the "Back" and "Next" buttons to check or change your registration data at any time prior to sending.
- Submitted data is binding and will be made available to you for download following the completion of the registration process.
- A successfully completed film entry does not automatically mean the inclusion of the film in the festival programme.