For all applications the General Guidelines for Film Submission and Participation apply.
1 - Elgibility
Eligible films for Panorama are feature films and documentaries of at least 70 minutes running time which
- have not been released in Europe other than in their country of origin.
- have not been screened at any other German or European film festival. A presentation at national showcases in the country of origin will be accepted.
- have neither been broadcast nor presented on the internet / VOD other than in their country of origin.
- are available in the formats DCP, QuickTime ProRes 422, HDCAM or 35mm (depending on the theatre), (other formats only upon request).
- Television productions are only eligible if they are intended for a theatrical release.
In case of international co-productions the main country of production will be considered as country of origin.
2 – Selection and programming
The curator of the Panorama is responsible to the Festival Director for the selection of films. Films offered to the Competition may be considered for the Panorama unless specifically stated otherwise.
3 – Version and subtitles
All films invited to the Festival are screened in their original version with English subtitles. German language films should have English subtitles. The costs of subtitling are at the responsibility of the producer.
The version released or planned for release in the country of origin is regarded as the original version.