With WCF on Demand, the World Cinema Fund is making ten WCF funded films available to worldwide* audiences via video on demand for the first time.
The platform launches on February 11, 2015, during the WCF Day at the 65th Berlinale.
The World Cinema Fund hopes that this platform will bring greater visibility to the films they have supported, providing access to them in countries and regions where they might otherwise never be seen in theatres, on television or in other VOD services.
These films can be streamed for a small fee, and all proceeds go directly to the film rights holders of the film viewed.
The following films are available through WCF on Demand:
- Al-khoroug lel- nahar | Coming Forth by Day (director: Hala Lotfy) Egypt 2012
- Death for Sale (director: Faouzi Bensaïdi) Morocco 2011
- Independencia (director: Raya Martin) Philippines 2009
- Girimunho | Swirl (director: Helvécio Marins Jr., Clarissa Campolina) Brazil 2011
- Pelo Malo | Bad Hair (director: Mariana Rondón) Venezuela 2013
- El Premio | The Prize (director: Paula Markovitch) Mexico 2011
- Polvo (director: Julio Hernández Cordón) Guatemala 2012
- Sur la Planche | On the Edge (director: Leïla Kilani) Morocco 2011
- Uroki Garmonii | Harmony Lessons (director: Emir Baigazin) Kazakhstan 2013
- Workers (director: José Luis Valle) Mexico 2013
Enjoy the show on: wcf-on-demand.berlinale.de
*Due to licensing restrictions, unfortunately not all films can be streamed worldwide.
This project is a cooperation between the German Federal Foundation for Culture and the World Cinema Fund of the Berlin International Film Festival.