World premieres are given priority.
German films have to be world premieres.
Eligible films for Panorama are feature films and documentaries of at least 70 minutes running time which
- have been completed within the 12 months prior to the beginning of the Festival.
- have not been released in Europe other than in their country of origin.
- have not been screened at any other German or European film festival. A presentation at national showcases in the country of origin will be accepted.
- have neither been broadcast nor presented in the internet / VOD other than in their country of origin.
- are available in the formats DCP, QuickTime ProRes 422, HDCAM or 35mm (depending on the theatre), (other formats only upon request).
Television productions are only eligible if they are intended for a theatrical release.
In case of international coproductions the main country of production will be considered as country of origin.
Films which have previously been submitted and viewed for Berlinale selection cannot apply a second time.
The Festival Director has the right to settle any cases not covered by the regulations.
All films have to be registered online at online film entry. The entry fee is € 150 and payment can be effected by credit card only (Visa, American Express, MasterCard) during the online submission process.
The online application and the preview screener for the selection process must be received within the appropriate deadline (October 30, 2015).